Thursday, February 9, 2012

100 Book Challenge Blog #1

Today I completed my 7th book, Sun Stand Still. I got this book this summer at LGCC and started reading it but really didnt get much out of it because I honestly didnt really want to at the time. However today it did not matter if I wanted to or not. To make it short, the book was really good. 

It showed alot about how weak my faith really is, I now see that I need to trust God more in everything and not down play the dreams that he is giving me. May we all have some audacity in our faith and not be weak. Matthew 17:20 says, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." But who really thinks that they can do that. I know I really did not. 

I also found that something that I really need to work on is to just simply not limit God. I mean this book got its name from Joshua 10:12 when Joshua asks God to stop the sun. When we limit God we than have a faith that should be classified as less than ordinary, when we give God the limitless faith that he demands we will be extraordinary. and the things that we can attempt and accomplish would be called audatious and unbelievable.

So my challenge to my self and everyone that is still reading is this.  Let us all live a life that requires us to take limits off what God can do in our live and live bigger than we have ever thought possible in our lives.
(disclaimer: I know that I did not write this completely grammatically correct so you dont need to comment about that.)

2 comments:

  1. Dan, it is inspiring to read the wisdom that God is pouring into you. After spending a few years with you, I feel truly blessed knowing that man of God that you are, and the stronger one you are becoming. This blog blessed me, and I encourage you to keep pressing on to His will. I can't wait to see where God leads us all down the road, and the huge plans He wants to accomplish. I know one day I will step back and say that we got to know each other in very foundational times of our life...
    Best,
    Todd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan, you are amazing! You are really going after your goal, and that is awesome!
    We read Sun Stand Still for our staff. I really liked hearing the thing you picked out of it! Isn't it great that God can speak to us through authors and the books we read. Just ONE of the many ways He is there for us!
    Keep up your awesome work! It's exciting to hear the passion for drawing nearer to the Lord that you have!
    Bless you!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete